Friday, February 7, 2014

FIRED: Bounce or Break?






If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to.  If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. -- Helen Keller

Namaste, fellow soul pilgrims.

I recently had a jolt when I was unexpectedly let go by my employer.  While I was decidedly unhappy due to the oppressive environment and issues that I found ethically challenging, being fired was still a blow to my ego.  The initial feelings surrounding this unexpected change were disbelief, anger, fear, and relief.  

In the beginning, the Universe simply tickled me with a feather, creating the itch to get back onto my path. Not ready, I brushed away the tickle.  The money and stability of the job seemed hard to give up. 

Then a baseball whizzed by my head, as the tickle increased in intensity and the heat of discomfort was turned up.  Still, I stubbornly clung to what I knew rather than risking the unknown.

Finally, I was hit by the infamous Brick of the Universe and fired from my job.  The message could no longer be dismissed:  Life is short.  Get back on track.

Thanks to a fantastic support network made up of loving family and friends, I BOUNCED rather than broke.   This is a great opportunity to walk my own talk - a practice which makes life all the richer.   

There is something to be said for congruency.

My former job was making me increasingly uncomfortable as the gap widened between what I believe and what I was doing on a daily basis.

My material needs must still be met. I am choosing to have faith, rather than fear, in this regard.  Fortunately my rent for the month is already paid, and my bills are pretty low.  I have some breathing space and am not crushed by anxiety.  Now is the time to think clearly and take balanced steps towards the future I truly want.  



Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will, and creative imagination.  These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change.  --  Stephen R Covey



I am not bitter.  My life was in a state of flux over the last couple of years as my marriage drew to an end.  Having a job to go to daily, even though it was not my dream job, was quite helpful for the sake of emotional stability.  Now I am living on my own and feeling much more settled, and I can see that the purpose my former job served was to be a bridge to get me to the other side.  I also got to work with some wonderful people and expand my social circle, in addition to learning new skills.  

NoW wHaT?  
Time to chill, meditate, write, contemplate.  Every step takes me either closer to or farther from living my passion.  I love helping people gain clarity along their own journey, so coaching/mentoring/counseling is the work for me.  Getting there requires thoughtfulness, intention, research, and leg work.  Oh, and that tiny thing called "patience."  Clientele is not built overnight.  

There is much to consider, and for my model I choose the way our First Nations ancestors made big decisions:  Quietly, consciously, consulting a supportive and wise group who desire the best possible outcome and take the time to count the cost.  

So if you want to find me, I will be sitting with a select group in my tepee, passing the peace pipe and listening.  If you would like to contribute your own thoughts or sage advice, please do.  There is freedom in clarity and peace of mind, and I seek both.

Prayer for peace and guidance in tumultuous times:

I am grateful for all that has been, all that is, and all that will be.  

I willingly yield my fear and anxiety regarding current and future circumstance, knowing that all of my needs have already been met.  

I open myself to every opportunity to walk in truth and lead the life I am meant to live, assisting others on their journey whenever possible.  My life is beautiful and fulfilling on every level.  

And so it is!

There is freedom in clarity and peace of mind and I shall have both. - See more at: http://kinecorder.com/peace-and-clarity-prayer/#sthash.WdUd5iOv.dpuf
There is freedom in clarity and peace of mind and I shall have both. - See more at: http://kinecorder.com/peace-and-clarity-prayer/#sthash.WdUd5iOv.dpuf











No comments:

Post a Comment